How to Deinstall the Oracle database Software manually from the Windows Server
Steps to uninstall or manually delete the Oracle DB software from the windows server:
- Delete the Oracle_home folder. (check the PATH from services.MSC by right click Properties)
- Delete the Oradata folder. (Delete all the Datafiles location)
- Delete the Oracle inventory folder. C:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory
- Open REGEDIT and delete services present in services.MSc
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
Look for Oracle Services and delete them.
- In REGEDIT Delete the Oracle home entry
DO NOT DELETE COMPLETE ORACLE FOLDER complete, it may contain ORACLE OTHER SOFTWARE.
In my case, I am having ORACLE Virtual box installed on my machine. So, I only delete key_oraDB9Home1 at location: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Oracle
6. In REGEDIT, Delete any Oracle ODBC entries. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC.
- In REGEDIT, Delete the Event log entries related to Oracle.
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\Application
- Exit Regedit.
- Go to reset the Environment Variable “PATH”. Delete Oracle Software entry from PATH Variable.
Start > Control Panel > System > Environment tab OR Search environment variable.
Now remove from the environment variable.
- Delete Oracle entries from the Startup Menu of Windows. ProgramDATA is a hidden folder
Location PATH: %ProgramData%/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs.
Example: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Oracle-OraDB19Home1
Note: If not found then open the startup menu and go to the item and right click on it and go to the location.
- Remove Oracle Group created during installation from windows.
Open lusrmgr.MSC –> open Local Users and Groups” window –> Go to Groups and delete all related to Oracle Started with ORA_
12. Finish the uninstalling process of the Oracle Database.